Thursday, March 31, 2011

{the paper variety - 1-2-3 recipe challenge!}

Hi everyone! Have you seen the new challenge at the paper variety? 1-2-3 --- so easy & fun --- and of course there is a super prize to win -- seriously, an entire kit from Artful Delight!!! :) :) :)

I bought this wooden "W" by Deco Art, at Hobby Lobby this winter.

I love the Scribble Scrabble pp that comes in the March Citrus Tree Studio kit!! Sounds funny, but it matches my livingroom so nicely. :) I altered this "W" to go on my wooden quilt shelf that is painted black. It really looks nice up there! :) My recipe = 1 flower, 2 pps and 3 buttons.


Materials - Deco Art wood letter, MM gold paint, Scribble Scrabble pp, Prima pp - I cut the bird and leaves from the Prima - and also applied a coat of mod podge to them for some durability. BG bling (cut apart pieces), Stampin' Up! rub on, jenni bowlin star rub, & FP buttons. The flower is made from a piece of gray felt. I cut a 1" strip of felt and then basted a stitch along the bottom of strip. Then I simply gathered the thread and tied together to make this flower - topped it with layered buttons - and I love how it turned out! :)


Thanks for coming by my blog! Hope you get a chance to play at the Paper Variety this week!!


hugs, patti

9 comments:

gottaluvboyz said...

Love this! That flower is too cute...must try:)

Rita Barakat said...

Thats adorable Patti! I have someletters waiting for me to decorate - I just haven't gotten around to it!

kim c said...

really nice project

Melissa said...

That is really delightful! I love the little bird. Thank you for participating at The Paper Variety.

curlyqmosaics said...

This is so cute! I love that yellow grid paper, the bird and the felt flower. I am sure it looks wonderful in your living room!

~jan said...

I bet it looks terrific on your shelf, Patti! Love that Scribble Scrabble paper too and its so fun to say the name out loud! *laugh* Yur flower is very chic and along side that bird-even chicer. Ha-I know that's not a word but I think it sounds funny! :)

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

So awesome Patti! I always love yellow. So cheerful. The flower is awesome! Great talking to you the other night. :) xoxo

Yara said...

This is gorgeous! Great color combination! Love the flower and the bird! Thank you so much for visiting me and making comments!They mean a lot to me! Yara

Bethany Crowell said...

Totally love this, Patti!