Friday, April 15, 2011

{cardabilities!}

I'm so excited to be participating in my first cardabilities card sketch reveal as a new DT member. :) :)

Here is Karan's middle of the month sketch #29~ Here is my interpretation ~


I started with a Bazzill white base and used Little Yellow Bicycle {Elizabeth Park} and echo park {springtime} pps. I had this yellow ruffle in my stash from long ago. It matches these pps perfectly, so I stitched a piece down. Also from my stash - the Heidi Grace heart stick pins - so sweet and irresistable (and found for a dollar at Big Lots). :) I cut the label from the LYB pp and layered the EP "thank you" sticker w/some zig zag stitching. Pink sorbet twine from the Twinery was tied around the piece, topping with FP yellow button.


If you look closely, you can see that I added two Hambly acrylic butterflies - punched from a Martha Stewart butterfly punch. (I didn't know if I would get a perfectly punched butterfly using acrylic - and was pleasantly surprised when it worked.) I also finished the inside of this pretty springtime card.


A wonderful prize is being offered by Sparkle Creations!!!


There are some big, fun changes going on at cardabilities!!! Karan is launching a gallery! If you participate in this card challenge, you could score a guest DT spot! Fun, right?? :) Hope to see you there!!!


As always, thanks so much for coming by my blog. I so appreciate your support and comments! hugs, patti

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the offset label you've used for your sentiment and cluster Patti....looks fab!

mustangkayla said...

Love this! Fantastic colors! Love the butterfly, the stitching, the emebellies! Everything is just perfect!

~jan said...

What an oh so pretty card, Patti! The colors are just fab-adore all that yummy yellow so much! Love the Hambly butterflies!

Mel said...

Very pretty card Miss Patti!

4kids4 said...

So pretty! I love the acrylic butterflies...how cool that you punched them out! And the stick pins are so sweet! TFS!

~Sharon C.

Nicki S said...

Very pretty card! The colors are so bright and springy!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Yay Patti!!!! I've been looking forward to this reveal. This is my favorite color combination right now. Although I've yet to use it! LOL xoxo