Friday, March 6, 2009

sprinkle the sparkles ~

I sprinkled the sparkles, alright. You should see my scrap table. There is glitter everywhere. LOL! This was a wicked cool challenge, given by Spike, over at the Cuttlebug challenge blogspot.


I used a Zig 2 way glue stick & some Doodlebug glitter on the wrong side of my embossed cardstock to make the front of this card sparklyicious.

That's a Traditions natural gallery bead, on a Heidi Grace stick pin. No sentiment...I just couldn't bring myself to cover up any of this pretty glitter pattern.

So, a big shout-out thank you to Spike for teaching me something new. If you're interested, here is her tutorial. http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/2009/02/burnished-velvet-on-cuttlebug-challenge.html

thanks for comin' by,
~patti

4 comments:

Nicole said...

That is a stunning effect, Patti! WTG!

SAR girls said...

How cool is that? I love how you've done the technique, especially with the 3 different colors of glitter-very dramatic! That pin with the added bead-too cool!

Tasha said...

WOw this card is beautiful and i adore the unusual bead you have used on the hatpin its so cool
love tasha xx

Shantaie said...

Patti,
Thanks for visiting my blog, and I see you are in New York, I summer at Cassadaga lake maybe we can get together and cause some trouble some time!! :)
I Love this card! So pretty and that is the coolest hat pin ever!