Sunday, January 2, 2011

citrus tree studio new year's crop....

...is a big hit!! The guest design team members have posted such fun challenges - the crop is going on until midnight tonight. Awesome prizes & nice, friendly girls can be found at CTS!!
I thought I would share a couple of crop challenges on my blog.
{you light up a room.}
I think this little lamp card is so cute!! The template to make one can be found here.
I used Fancy Pants "Road Show" pp, a felt heart from my stash, MME brad & TH ink. I printed the sentiment from my computer. The chain is from a tag on a Christmas gift. I cut it and then used some metal glue to make a little loop. :)

This lo is a 2010 review - very condensed version. LOL!!
Highlights of '10 - our son Matthew turned 21 - yes, that's a budweiser in his hand. The drinking age in New York is 21 - this made for one very excited guy. Our oldest son, Thomas graduated from college w/a Bachelor's in Marketing. I would've used a pic of him, if I had a good one - but he was holding up his stein and yelling in most of the pics that day. Thought the cake and diploma photo was a better choice. ;) Third highlight - I painted an entire house! Yes, I really did. I painted the interior of our 3 bedroom rental - including the mud room and the insides of closets. I tore off 20 year old carpet from the stairway, pulled out about a million heavy duty staples, sanded each stair & riser, and then painted a brown runner down the center of the steps. I also painted every one of those spindles - twice. The hubs replaced the ceiling in the pic and he also installed two new lights in that room. Nice, right? It looked so nice when we were done - it rented itself! My last photo is the first photo I took in the state of California. The hubs and I took a trip to California in September. It was on my bucket list to hike in Yosemite National Park before I turned 50. Check! While we were out west, we drove to the coast, and up Rt. 1 along Big Sur (OMG...if you haven't done this drive, consider it. Truly breathtaking!!) This was also my first time to see the Pacific Ocean.
{2010} This next lo is of my first born. Thomas was 24 in December. Since I don't have any photos of him on my blog, I thought I would post this lo that I did using pics of him from Christmas Eve at my mom's. He is such a good guy. Very intuitive, kind, and hilarious as hell.
{THOMAS}
Thanks for lookin, blog friends!!
Hope you all have a prosperous, healthy & happy 2011!!!


hugs, patti

4 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

ohhh what a cute card!!! and isn't the drive up Hwy 1 the best?? and totally gorgeous.. we did that for our honeymoom and a couple times since then. it's my FAVE. great pages too.

mustangkayla said...

LOVE your card, so darn cute! Great layouts too!

Sherri said...

that lamp card is just adorable. I printed off the pattern after I saw yours! great layouts too.

PaperVine said...

Thanks heaps for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!

Lots of gorgeous work on your blog - I love it all!