Wednesday, January 11, 2012

fUnkY JuNk junk drawer!!

Marni, at Sassy Sites is having a party in a junk drawer. Well, once she sees mine, she's going to change it up to "there's a riot in a junk drawer"...'cause people, this is total foolishness.

On Monday, my oldest son (Thomas) asked me "mom, do you have a rubber band?" Hmmm. I said "there's probably one in the junk drawer". He went to it and said, "but do you think I'll find one that actually still stretches and will work?" Now, that's just wrong. Right??
This has been our catch all junk drawer for 17 years. Honestly, I've cleaned it out during those years...but it never seems to last. And another honestly...it's {mostly} because of me that it doesn't last. Time for a change!! :) :)
A quick stop at The Dollar Store after work today, and I was headed home with some white plastic pieces that were going to help hold my junk in order. A DYMO label maker came in handy for identifying items.
-closer look at all this awesome organization-
Thanks, Marnie, for this fun challenge! I have another drawer that is messy in my kitchen and am psyched to get to it. It feels sooo good to have this drawer under control.

Check out Sassy Sites for more fun!!
hugs, patti

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Wow Patti! That is quite a transformation!
btw...Thank you for your very sweet comment on my blog! You made my day :)

pamala said...

Great job! Love it!

~jan said...

I really need to do this too, my junk drawer has taken on a life of its own. ;)

Jodi said...

looks fab!!! Now you can come help me!