Tuesday, January 17, 2012

{stamped Valentine table runner}

Yesterday was such a stressful day. I'm so glad that I can come home to the solitude of my craft room. This table runner was such an easy project!! I love the simplicity of it and I love that it didn't cost me a dime! Yay!!! :)

With right sides together, I stitched the long sides of the duck fabric (left-overs from altered bedroom drapes) together. After ironing the fabric well, I wrote down "Be My Valentine." to refer to, so that I wouldn't screw up my stamping. :) The MM stamps were one of the first things I purchased, all those years ago...when I started scrapbooking. Red paint is also by MM. Once my stamping was completely dry, I measured the edges, determined my equal distance hem lines, and top stitched the table runner together.
To add some color to the hurricane dish w/candle, I poured red sprinkles {left-over from Christmas} around the perimeter of the candle. Sweet, easy & cheap. :) :) :)
Linking up at Chic on a Shoestring...'cause seriously, this was zero cost. Yay!!!


Also linking up to Look What I Made!
Thanks for stopping by! Hope your day is stress-free! ;)
hugs, patti

4 comments:

mustangkayla said...

*hugs* I think have a renter would be really hard. My hubby tossed the idea of renting the house we are in now in a year instead of selling it. I told him not at this point in our lives. ;-) I'm too scared of the risk!

Mara Campbell said...

Oh man, I think being a renter would be very stressful!! I hope things get better for you.

Love the table runner! So simple but so sweet!

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a frustration for you, Patti! I hope he gets the money to you ASAP. It must stink sometimes to be a landlady.

Great cheap-o table runner! Looks like a million bucks!

~jan said...

Sorry to hear you had a stressful day, my friend! Sending you hugs a couple days late! What a wonderful project to ease your mind! I adore the sprinkles in the jar!