Sunday, January 31, 2010

winter is a great time to get organized!

I have not scrapped all week because I was busy organizing and purging my craft room. Alright, I admit...I did not remove one piece of patterned paper. Everything else was looked through and 1) put in the pile for my sister Amy, 2) trashed or 3) put neatly back into the ol' stash. I'm happy with my painted blue wall and clean surfaces. I'll give myself a whole 24 hours to keep 'em that way. LOL!!!

So, anyway...Kayla over at Citrus Tree had requested pictures. Here are a couple. My space is actually more like a walk-in closet off of my bedroom. The hubs built it for me five years ago. There are pocket doors on either side and the blue wall is on the opposite side of our fireplace wall.

This is my newly painted wall, Making Memories embellishment center (purchased @Michael's w/a 50% off coupon), and my new "Clip It Up" table top organizer. Note about the Clip it up - this thing is huge and holds a ton of stuff!! I love it!

I bought these unpainted cupboards for cheap. About two years ago, just for fun, I made "pages" for their fronts. Using white painted chipboard letters, I wrote out "Do what" on the left door, and "you love" on the right door front. (That's some old SR pp.) I can change them out when I get tired of them.


My steel workin' pipefitter hubby built me these wood shelves for storage.
He is much more comfortable working with steel than wood, but he can do carpentry when forced to. :)

This is a shot of my fireplace wall taken from my bed.


There you have it. Thanks for coming by to see my photos.
happy last day of January, patti


7 comments:

mustangkayla said...

What a great space! I love the blue color! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Melonie said...

Great room Patti!

GinniG said...

WOW Patti! That's an awesome room! LOVE that color! :) TFS the pics!

Rita Barakat said...

I Love your room Patti! I love looking at clean scrapbook rooms- so inspiring!

pamala said...

WOOOO, your room looks awesome!!! Lovely and CLEAN! Love those cabinet "pages" you did, great idea!

SAR girls said...

Looks great, Patti!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Wow, I love that blue!!!