Sunday, October 31, 2010

monterey seals ~ citrus tree challenge!

First of all, these seals totally cracked us up!! LOL!!!


Tammy's challenge at CTS is to alter your title letters in a creative way.
I wanted mine to be smooth & silky like a seal's fur, so I inked the raw chipboard letters and then applied glossy accents. That's it!



For my BG corner chip pieces, I applied some glossy accents, and then scrunched up some jenni bowlin crepe paper.



Tom and I saw sea lion, sea otter and elephant seal fur in a display, while we were at Pt. Lobos St. Park, just south of Carmel, California last month. We were able to touch them and honestly, they all felt like silk!


I loved these photos from the Fisherman's Wharf. It had been days and days of me zooming way in to try to get pics of sea lions, otters & elephant seals.....and then, Tom and I come around a corner and there are these animals just hangin' out! Right down there in a boat! Really, it was hysterical. :) :)



Hope you're having a freakishly happy halloween!!



3 comments:

mustangkayla said...

Peyton thought your pictures were pretty cool! Great layout! Love what you did with those alphas!

~jan said...

Those letters are so cool, Patti! You accomplished making them look like seal skin for sure! Terrific layout-those seals are a riot-not a care in the world!

Mara Campbell said...

Super fun layout! I love bright colors and how you altered the letters!