Thursday, October 28, 2010

Party Time Tuesdays Challenge #18!

Who doesn't want to participate in a challenge called "carrot cake"?? I know I'm in. LOL!!

This week, the PTT girls challenge is to create a card with the colors of a carrot cake. It just so happens that I make a kick-a$$ carrot cake - - from scratch. Cream cheese icing too. I make it every year for my mom for her birthday and have been doing so for as long as I can remember.

So, of course this challenge made me think of my sweet mom! She will be 78 years old this year - God bless her. She's still active and fun to hang out with. (She loves my scrapping too...and I share los, cards and projects with her regularly.)




This card will go to my mother for her birthday in December - and it will match her carrot cake (with cream cheese icing and walnuts). :) :)

{{Card Details: American Crafts base card in brown. The pp is Prima and Basic Gray. I stitched down a felt leaf and a paper leaf. Flower is a Prima, button is Jenni Bowlin and that tiny heart is a 7 Gypsies chip piece that I painted and glittered w/Doodlebug glitter. The "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" sentiment is a Fancy Pants rub-on. I then used glossy accents on the small banner to make it shine, plus it makes it sturdier as well.}}


If anybody wants my carrot cake recipe, just let me know. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

papertrails leaver said...

What a beautiful card! Love that you used a carrot cake for your inspiration! Divine!

Katie said...

Gorgeous card, Patti! Just wonderful use of texture and design.
And I would love your carrot cake recipe. :) It is one of my hubby's faves but I never make it.

~jan said...

I knew you would dig this week's challenge, Patti! This is a beautiful card-your Mom is just going to love it! Love the banner sentiment and the 2 leaves are so cool! That littl heart steals the show. :)

mustangkayla said...

What a gorgeous card! Fab design and LOVE that flower!

Unknown said...

Very pretty card! Pretty fall colors! Thank you for playing at PTT this week and hope you join us next week!

Charlotte said...

What a pretty card!!! I love the colors, design, and textures you used. This is so beautiful!

Kristie W. said...

This is so pretty, love that big flower!! Also great banner placement too. Thanks for playing along with Party Time Tuesdays!

paige said...

Beautiful card! Love the large bloom! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!