Saturday, May 28, 2011

{counterfeit kit blog hop!!}


First of all, I think the Counterfeit Kit challenge blog and their concept of copying kits is the greatest idea!! :) :)

They're having a blog hop, so this morning I made a quick card to join in the fun.

I went to the manufacturer jillibean soup - love their stuff!!

I admired these cut-out cards by Wendy McKee and thought I'd give the cut-out technique a try.

Here is what I came up with.

The first thing I did was cut some strips from jillibean pp. Then I zig zag stitched them onto a piece of white cs. Next I cut out a house shape from Kraft cs. I inked the inside edges of the house w/brown ink and then adhered the jillibean pp to the inside front of the card. Using brown DMC, I hand stitched the outside of the house. The crocheted flower is Offray and the tiny "love" tag is jillibean. The heart stamp in the corner is Technique Tuesday (stamped twice) and the edge punch is EK.


I also finished the inside of the card. I love how this card turned out and encourage you to give a cut-out card a go.

Thanks to the Counterfeit team of awesome girls (my friend Julie Ann is one of them!!!) for their very fun blog hop and inspiration!! :) :)


Have a great day!! hugs, patti

p.s. please note - blogger won't allow me to leave blog comments {still!}. Still hoppin' through the Counterfeit May blog hop and enjoying everyone's work so much!! :)

8 comments:

Judy said...

This came out supper cute. I love the flower as the added touch. Have a great weekend.
Judy

~jan said...

Awesome card, Patti! I havent had a chance to play over at Counterfit Kit yet, but this makes me really want to! Thanks for always inspiring me, Patti!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

I loooveee this idea Patti! I have a t-shirt with this technique but never thought to try it on a card! Super cute! Love the hearts. Hey, did you change your blog? Love the quilt background. So I need to vent with you!!! My sister isn't going to let me share any baby layouts online!!!! Wah!!!!!! LOL Must talk soon. xoxo

LisaM said...

Love your card Patti!

Susanne said...

Your card is wonderful, nicely done.

mustangkayla said...

CUTE CUTE card!

ms.schwiet said...

Very cool a patch work house

Tara O said...

Love that patchowork house!! You rocked it!