Thursday, May 5, 2011

A new challenge at the Paper Variety - get messy with it!!!

Is this a fun challenge, or what?! :)


I used red mist and white & black paint for my "HOCKEY TOWN" lo. My family went to our first NHL game to see the Red Wings vs. the Blackhawks. If you look at the center ice at the Detroit arena, you will see a "wing" with "HOCKEY TOWN" layered on top. I copied that image onto my lo. I had a brochure from the game. From the back cover, I fussy cut out a "wing", making a stencil. I placed the stencil on top of a piece of canvas and sprayed w/red mist. I also painted the title letters w/black paint. I love how it turned out!



The prize this week from the Paper Variety is the May 2011 Artful Delight Kit!!!


Saweeet!!! :) :) You have until Tuesday, May 10, 2011, noon EST, to upload your paper project using mist, paints or inks to the Paper Variety gallery. Hope to see your creative genius there!!!



Thanks for coming by my blog!!! The Red Wings are now down by 3 games after last night, in the Stanley Cup play-offs. Oh, well...I'm still a fan!!! :) :)



hugs, patti

6 comments:

mustangkayla said...

Yay! Are you back now? I've missed seeing you around! Hope you had a wonderful trip! Such a great layout! What tedious work to do all that fussy cutting, but it totally paid off and looks great!

wendipooh13 said...

LOVE your use of misting!!!! That totally rocks!!!!! gorgeous page as always!!!! love all the fun added stitching too

~jan said...

My friend (Ive missed you!) the Wings may be down, but they arent out! :) Love this layout and the cool logo you made-so very creative!

Judy said...

Great layouts.. I love the hockey one! I hope you enjoy your day. I just became a new follower of yours I hope you stop by my blog and follow me as well.
Thank you,
Judy

Kristie W. said...

Wow, this is a super cool layout, Patti!! Thank you for explaining the awesome things you did to bring the layout to life. Great work!

Sara said...

I love that Hockey Town page... looks fantastic! You did a really great job with it