Wednesday, June 1, 2011

{father's day card}

Cindy at Citrus Tree Studio posted a challenge on Saturday to create a red, white and blue Father's Day card. (I won the challenge! A 6x6 BG Lauderdale pp pack! Yay!) I knew I wanted to make a Father's Day card for the create blog challenge as well, so this is what I came up with.

Every little bit of this card is from my stash. I started with kraft cs and added some blue and white pp by 7 Gypsies. The red cs was heat embossed with a star stamp image. For the "father" banner, I used Heidi Swapp chipboard letters and a Fiskars "you're the best" stamp w/a Queen and Co. bling gem. It's all attached to a Martha Stewart pop stick. The banner flag is tied with blue DMC; buttons are from the misc. buttons jar. :)

Thanks for lookin' and have a great day!
hugs, patti

12 comments:

Jodi said...

Congrats!!! Super cute card!!! I looooove the flag and banner!!

Mara Campbell said...

I just love the big flag and the distressed paper at the bottom of the card. Love love it!!

gottaluvboyz said...

Just awesome! Congrats! I love all of the different textures and big flag on this:)

~jan said...

This card is just all that and more, Patti! That big flag is so cool and I love the stmped stars so much! Congrats on winiing the challenge! :)

JanR said...

What a great, super creative card. Love it!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Love your card Patti! Thanks for submitting it to the Create challenge!

mustangkayla said...

What a great card! Yay for scoring some goodies as well as a great card!

wendipooh13 said...

such a super fun card!!! LOVE the stars!!!!!

Unknown said...

love your card Patti, it's beautiful :)

suzARTe said...

Congratulations Patti,I love this card

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a fun card, Patti! This reminds me of the little hometown parade that marches by my house, complete with fire trucks, cub scouts and people throwing candy. So heart-warming!

Katie said...

What a crisp, fun Father's day card! I just love it!