Wednesday, February 9, 2011

{BEACH love}


It's true. I am no longer a one-project-for-multiple-challenges virgin. :) :) This lo was created with 3 challenges in mind!

1) My Sketch World - Lucy's sketch #3

2) Crop Suey - February challenge to use 9 items on a lo, and

3) The Studio Challenge - Create a "love" lo using blue, yellow, & green.

I started with a pretty blue piece of dotted swiss Coredinations cs and used Cosmo Cricket "Togetherness" pp & a tiny bit of jillibean soup pp. My title is made from a heidi swapp chip piece that was orginally pink. I painted it gold w/MM paint and layered it on top of some gold sparkly cs (both of these items were mailed to me by a sweet lady, Elaine Akers, as part of a give-away @her blog). The BEACH letters are Prima. I also included our tickets we received when entering Magen's Bay Beach on St. Thomas. MM eyelets, yellow and white twine from the Twinery, an October Afternoon cs sticker, punches & machine stitching complete my lo. {My 9 items for Crop Suey - cs, pp, chipboard, paint, letter stickers, cs sticker, punches, twine & eyelets}


It was fun to combine these challenges.

Thanks to Lucy, the Crop Suey girls and the Studio Challenge girls!
Hope you're all having a great week!!

hugs, patti

13 comments:

Sarah Mullanix said...

Oh I love this layout and it's exactly what I needed with all of the snow and ice right outside...LOVE the photo of the heart drawn in the sand!! :)

~~Mia~~ said...

wow patti, those are some awesome pics, and i love the 'sand' too!! thanks for playing along with us at crop suey, you kicked some serious scrappy butt!!!!

*and i agree, the dt DOES rock!!!!*

Susanne said...

Your layout - wonderful. Your process to fulfill 3 challenges - mindboggling. Well done!

Anna said...

Gorgeous layout, I love the way you've added the tickets and the twine and the colours really work well with the photos! Thanks for playing along with us at The Studio!

Katie said...

Patti-this is one enticing layout! I just love it. Great use of color and embellishments.

Kelly C said...

Gorgeous page Patti! Love the blue background with the yellow papers.

Elaine Akers said...

Patti..glad you received my giveaway package and that you could use some of the items that I had included in it. Your page turned out lovely. I love the beach.

norine said...

GREAT take on the Crop Suey challenges as well as the others!! And way to make my beach obsession flare up again!! Sigh.... Thanks for playing along with us at Crop Suey!!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Lookie at you woman!!! Or should I say Wonder Woman!!!! You rocked these challenges and the layout is AWESOME!!!!! Beautiful! xoxo

mustangkayla said...

What a great layout! Love how you did the title and love the color combo!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a great take on all three challenges, Patti! I love the way you've strung your twine through eyelets and all your little embellishments to really bring home your design. Just gorgeous!

Valerie said...

Excellent take on the challenge! I love this layout - the colors totally suit your sunny subject matter :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this!! I love love love those photos and loveeeeeeeeeee the design!! Just wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with The Studio! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)