Tuesday, February 1, 2011

{twine challenge at twisted sketches!}

Twine!!! One of my favorite trims!
Twisted Sketches card challenge this week is to use this sketch with some twine. Any way you want!! :)


I first tried to cover a chip piece with twine and it didn't work out so well. Then, I thought...make a pom-pom! I had this Maya Road chip party hat in my stash. I embossed the hat with rich red embossing powder by Ranger. Then I added a bit of Martha Stewart twine near the bottom and placed the pom-pom on top. A LaMode button w/a Prima pearl finish the little party hat. Cute, right?

{celebrate}
I used a Bazzill dotted swiss base and an ek edge punch for the white scalloped edge. The BG chip square is covered w/For the Luv of Art pp. The stamped sentiment (popped up), is by Unity - and again, I embossed w/red Ranger.

Thanks to the Twisted girls for this fun sketch and thank you for coming by my blog!!

hugs, patti

11 comments:

curlyqmosaics said...

I love your card Patti! How fun is this? That pom pom is too cute on top of the party hat, it would definitely brighten someone's day!

mustangkayla said...

Too stinkin cuter and fun Patti! What a great idea!

~jan said...

That pom is perfect! What a terrific way to use twine! Love the beautiful reds and that little scallop of white is perfect!

wendipooh13 said...

ohhhh Patti that is sooo cute and such a fun way to rock that twine!!! Way to go, and sooo fun for playing with Twisted Sketches!!!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful card!! I love the pom-pom and the colors!
Hugs!!

Mara Campbell said...

**LOVE** this!!! So freakin' creative!!

Yara said...

Oh wow! what a wonderful card! Love the candy machine with the pom pom! So creative!

loes de groot said...

wow it's a beauty..... : )
thanx for playing with twisted sketches

Susanne said...

Fun card - great pom pom!

BabsMadeIt said...

That pom pom is so awesome. It reminds me of the ones I used to put on my roller skates in the 80's!

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

Love your card. You get the creative vote from me.