Thursday, February 10, 2011

{twisted cards #45!}


The Twisted Sketches cards challenge this week is to create a card using this sketch ~ The twist ~ Use 2 any how, any way. I so love the freedom you get when you play at twisted. :) I turned the sketch on it's side and began.

I used a happy birthday stamp ---> "happy birthday 2 u"
Perfect, right?

I'm including a close-up pic of the stamped sentiment because I did something different {for me}. I stamped the image 3 times, on white, red and green cs. Then I cut out the "2" from the green cs and cut the "u" from the red cs. I also cut the stripes on the "u" from the white & green cs. I popped up the "2" and the "u" - putting the stamp together was so fun! :)

Materials: AC cs, Imaginisce B-day Bash pp & candles tied w/MS twine, AC buttons w/DMC, and stamp (when I remember who makes this stamp I'll add it in. I bought at my LSS and don't have the packaging and I had never seen this brand before).

Thanks to the fun girls at Twisted Sketches!!!

It was another snow day here today!!! I've got supper in the crock pot, homemade bread from the oven, and a fire in the woodstove. The hubs will be happy to come home tonight. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

hugs, patti

11 comments:

Cassie said...

LOVE those candles!!! This card is too sweet!!
=)

Kelly C said...

really really cute card!!

Anonymous said...

oh cool. Love your take on the sketch with fab 3D candles

curlyqmosaics said...

Fabulous card! Love the bright colors and the candles! Too cute missy!

Mara Campbell said...

I LOVE the rolled candles!! Such a great card, patti!!!

StephC said...

This is absolutely fantastic! Love the rolled paper candles, what an idea. So glad you joined us for this weeks Twisted Sketch!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Your creativity always amazes me Patti!!!! I can't wait to see you! I have totally re-arranged my scraproom, so much roomier now! You HAVE to see it!!!!! :)

Mel said...

Super cute card Patti! LOVE the candles:)

mustangkayla said...

LOVE this Patti! So darn cute and fun! Those candles are fantastic and I LOVE what you did with that stamp! Faboo work!

~jan said...

I wish snow days did for me what they do for you! You have been on a creative roll! This card is awesome! Love the stamping techniques and those candles, well they are just the icing on the cake! *laugh*

Valerie said...

Love your take on this sketch Patti - and that paper piecing is fantastic!