Sunday, February 20, 2011

{Carmel by the sea.}


Hi everyone! Hope you are having a nice Sunday!

I just finished this lay-out for Sketchy Thursdays challenge this week.

Lucky for me, the sun is shining...so I was able to get a photo outdoors. :)

I started with a bazzill base and used Little Yellow Bicycle "Twig" pp and Prima "Madeline" pp. {Love both of these collections!} I handstitched "Carmel", using 4 strands of brown and 2 strands of dark blue DMC. The green letter stickers are by Sassafras, tiny stickers are LYB. All of the flowers are Primas - some I took apart from a sprig. I also used a couple sculpture flowers by Prima. I pop dotted two of the photos, including the focal photo of this gorgeous beach in California.

Here's a close-up view.

{journaling: The beach at Carmel was long and wide! I was quite surprised to see just how big it was. It was gorgeous!! We stayed at the Lobos Lodge, two blocks from the ocean and within walking distance to shops and restaurants. I ate the BEST calamari I've ever had while in Carmel. Shopped at some funky shops - and brought home some fun jewelry and a beautiful scarf. Carmel was a lovely place, and I'm so glad we included it in our ten day California vacation.}


Thanks to the Sketchy Thursdays' girls and thank you for coming by my blog!
hugs, patti

12 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

Patti ohhhh I LOVE your page.. you know me, I LOVE a good beach page and Carmel is gorgeous!!! Love it there.. I LOVE how you overlapped the photos, looks amazing and a hand stitched title!!!! wow girl..you rocked it

~jan said...

This layout rocks my snowy, cold world! Love the overlapping of the photos (they are so wonderful!) and those cabs are beautiful! Loving the hand stitched title!

curlyqmosaics said...

Beautiful layout! Love how you stitched the title, and can't get enough of that "Twig" paper. I bought some last week, can't wait to use it! Precious!

mustangkayla said...

BEAUTIFUL work Patti! LOVE what you did with the photos and your stitching is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I love this LO by the sea.. such a beautiful piece. I love the way you framed the lovely scenery.. very earthy and nature like :) and the handstitched is fab!

mindy gallagher said...

Patty this is awesome! I love everything about it :D

LisaM said...

Oh Patti, this is beautiful! Love the stitched title and the embellies you used!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! I love love love this! I loveeeeeeeee those photos and loveeeeeeeeeee the stitching... especially on that title work! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful! Love the photo's and how you placed them! your stitched title is gorgeous! Just like the jurnaling strips and stitching.
Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

Tomomi said...

WOW!!!
very beautiful photos and your layout!!!

Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!!

Diana Fisher said...

Oh wow! I love how you did the photos! What a gorgeous idea!!

Keshet said...

Gorgeous layout! Love the calm, peaceful colors. Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchy Thursdays this week, come play again!!